A. To promote bass fishing
B. To promote conservation.
C. To promote sportsmanship.
A. An Honorary Life Member shall be those persons who because of outstanding service to the Tioga County Bass Anglers have won the admiration and esteem of the membership. They shall not be required to pay dues or attend meetings or other activities, but may attend such activities if they so desire.
B. Any member on current military status will be considered a member in good standing and will not be charged dues until discharged from the service.
C. All members must pay annual dues (senior and junior).
1.† New members must also fill out a membership card along with paying their dues.
D. †††Dues for the first year will be $25.00 and $20.00 each year thereafter.
E. Dues may be charged or waived by a majority vote by the club members present.
F. Membership dues must be paid by the second meeting of the calendar year. Non-payment will result in removal from the clubs rolls. Reinstatement can be obtained by sponsorship by an active member and payment of $25.00 dues.
G. The fiscal and membership year is from January 1st to December 31st.
H. Any member can be expelled from the club for poor sportsmanship or any action deemed detrimental to the club.
I. Before any member can be expelled from the club, he or she must have the opportunity to present his or her case to the full membership.
J. Actual expulsion from the club shall be decided by a majority of active members present at the meeting the charges are presented. The vote shall be by a secret ballot. If expelled, no dues are refunded.
K. Any junior member must be 14 years of age to be considered by a vote of the members for senior membership. He or she will automatically be a full (senior) member at age 16.
L. Any club memberís spouse/significant other who wish to join the club as a regular member may do so under normal club rules.
A.† †Nominations and election of officers.
1. ††At the November meeting the President will appoint a committee of those members present to select slate of candidates for the club officers and directors for the coming year.
2. This slate will be presented to the membership at the December meeting. Any additional nominations will be accepted from the floor. Nominations will then be closed and a ballot will be cast for each office and directorship.
3. Elected officers and directors will assume their duties at the close of old business at the January meeting with the exception of the tournament director.
4. The Tournament Director and Assistant Tournament Director will assume their offices at the October meeting of the current year.
B. Association officers.
5. †Board of Directors
6. †Tournament Director
7. †Assistant Tournament Director
C. Board of Directors are elected for a three year period. One Director will be replaced each year.
D. ††With the exception of the Board of Directors, all officers are elected for a one year period. Officers can only hold the same office for two consecutive years.
Article 4: Responsibility of Elected Officers
1. Conducts meetings.
2. Appoints all committees.
1. Assumes duties of the President in his or her absence.
1. Performs duties requested by the President.
2. Takes minutes of the meetings.
3. Conducts roll call.
4. Maintains reports of committees as a form of reference.
5. Responsible for routine correspondence.
6. Maintains a list of clubs property and equipment and sell unwanted equipment.
1. Takes care of all finances as directed by the President and Board of Directors.
2. Keeps accurate records and has such records always available for inspection.
3. Prepares and presents monthly financial report.
4. Sees that yearly audit is conducted.
E. Board of Directors
1. Will insure that all club policies and By-Laws are followed.
2. Audit all books yearly.
F. Tournament Director
1. Will prepare and present tournament schedule to membership for approval.
a) Tournament schedule will include location, date, and tournament boundaries and special regulations.
2. Will make applications for all required tournament permits.
3. Has charge of all club tournaments.
G. Assistant Tournament Director
1. Will assist Tournament Director in conducting the tournament.
2. Will assume all duties of the Tournament Director in his absence.
A. †††A meeting will be held at least once a month unless otherwise decided by the President.
B. The meeting place will be decided on by the members and announced as far as possible in advance.
A. ††All members are expected to exhibit the highest degree of sportsmanship at all club activities.
B. ††All members are expected to observe all fishing laws, boating regulations and tournament rules.
C. ††Failure to do so will result in disqualification of the tournament.
A. Member of the Year trophy††
One membership trophy will be awarded as deemed appropriate based on the sportsmanship and service to the club.
1. In the event of a tie for the member of the year trophy, the tied member with the highest accumulated weight total toward the ďAngler of the YearĒ will be declared the winner. Member of the year trophy committee: consists of the club President and the Board of Directors.
B. Angler of the Year
The Angler of the Year trophy will be awarded to the member who has accumulated the highest total points for the year.
1. Trophies will be awarded to the top five positions.
2. Certificates will be awarded for 6th through 10th place.
C. Co-Angler of the Year
1. ††Plaque will be awarded to the highest finishing co-angler.
2. ††For regular club tournaments, (does not include classic) the co-angler with the most weight will receive the 4th
††† ††††place.† If the co-angler places higher than 4th they will receive the place they achieved. 4th place will then revert
†††††† to the person who achieved 4th place.
D. ††Lunker of the Year
A Lunker of the Year trophy will be awarded for the largest bass weight caught in regular club tournaments for the
E.† †Classic Trophies
1.† Trophies will be awarded for the four highest finishers in the Don Heck Jr. Memorial Classic tournament.
2. †A Lunker trophy will also be awarded.
††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††† ††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††F.† Trophies will be awarded as deemed financially feasible in any given year.
All future amendments to the By-Laws and Tournament Rules shall be submitted to the secretary in writing and signed by the submitter. An amendment may be voted on by the membership only at the May and November meetings: and if accepted, it will be added to the existing By-Laws. All amendments must be submitted at least one month prior to the May or November meeting.
1.† Only members of the Tioga County Bass Anglers are eligible to participate in Club tournaments.
A. Guests will be allowed to fish Club tournaments as a boat owner or rider as long as all members who wish to †
††† †fish have a ride.
1)† Guests will be required to pay a tournament fee equal to a member to be able to fish for prize money. A guest will not be awarded points.
2)† Members are allowed one guest per year.
2.† Locations, dates, times and off limits for each tournament will be submitted by the Tournament Committee to
†††† membership for approval.
3.† Contestants pairing will be by random draw conducted by the Tournament Director on a date and time approved by the
††† †membership prior to the tournament.
A. †There will be two contestants per boat unless boat owner and rider agree to accept a third person.
B† †It will be the riderís responsibility to share equally in the boaterís expense for the tournament day.
C. Junior members will be paired with their sponsor members unless another member agrees to take the junior member.
D. Due to certain personal inconveniences during the course of a tournament, a spouse/significant other will have the option to be selected as fishing partner by his or her spouse/significant other in all tournaments or elect to be paired by normal Club rules.
E. Each boat owner and rider will share equally in time spent fishing from the front of the boat. (optional)
F. Boat owner and rider shall each have the right to select the fishing waters for at least half the tournament day.
G. No two contestants shall fish with the same partners in two consecutive tournaments. Contestants will redraw if this happens. The last person to draw will switch with the person drawing before him if necessary.
H. Every person in the boat must be a paying participant.
4.† If an odd number of members wish to fish a tournament the odd man will be allowed to fish under one of the following
A. ††A boat owner and rider agree to take a third party.
B. ††If odd man owns a boat; he may fish alone and take a guest. This will not count as guest of the year.
C. If there are more riderís than boat owners for the tournament, the rider who was unable to fish will be the first person to draw for a ride in the next tournament.
D.† †If a rider no shows the boat owner may fish alone, unless we have three in a boat, the extra rider fishes in the
†††† ††no show boat.
E. ††If two boat owners are without riderís they may pair up if agreeable to both.
F. ††If boat owner no shows the rider may fish 3 in a boat if a boat owner offers. If no offer, all single boat owners
††† ††are put in the draw.
5.† Any contestants who show up intoxicated will not be allowed to participate in the tournament.
A. No alcohol or drugs will be used prior to or during a TCBA tournament.
B.† †Violation of this rule will result in disqualification from the tournament and all future Club tournaments.
6.† Bait type will be artificial only.
7.† A maximum of one rod may be fished with at one time.††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††† ††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††
8.† A valid fishing license must be held by all tournament participants. Violation will result in disqualification from the tournament.
9. †When starting a tournament, all tournament boats are required to stay within a 50 yard radius of the launch site until released by the
†† †††Tournament Director
10. Safety and boating requirements.
A. All boats will be at least 12 feet in length and meet all State and Federal regulations. No canoes or rafts.
B. Each boat owner is required to have all safety equipment required by Local, State and Federal Law.
C. It is the riderís responsibility to furnish his or her own approved life vest.
D.† †All life vests used in tournament competition will be Type III PFD and will be properly worn and zipped
†††††† with kill switch attached to the boat driver.
†††††† Tournament Director or Law Enforcement Personnel observes otherwise, it will be an automatic tournament
11. Tournament water boundaries, special regulations, and off-limit areas will be announced prior to each tournament.
A. Bass only (large/small mouth) will be weighed in for tournament consideration.
B. A minimum length will be 12 inches unless state or local length is greater (which ever is greater will apply)
C. Creel limit will be five (5) fish unless announced differently prior to the tournament.
D. Measurement of all fish will be on an approved board with the fish flat, mouth closed, and tail in any position.
12. Each competitor will make every attempt to keep his catch alive.
A. A properly aerated live well with divider is recommended.
B. It is recommended that a form of catch & release solution be used at all times.
C. All fish must be released alive.
D. No culling of dead fish.
E. A 4 oz. penalty will be deducted for each fish that is kept or that has died prior to the weigh-in. There is also a 4oz. penalty for any fish that is put back into the waters that is unable to swim away.
F. No competitor shall give or catch fish for another competitor that will or could be added to his creel weight during a tournament.
G. Violation of rule ďEĒ will result in disqualification of all anglers involved and forfeit of all weight for the tournament.
13. Each tournament will have a lunker competition unless voted on by the membership not to hold a lunker competition.
A. Entry fee will be separate from the tournament entry fee and shall be 100 percent payback.
B. Lunker fish will be the largest fish by weight. Fish must be alive to qualify for lunker.
C. It will be each competitorís responsibility to have the largest fish in his creel weighed and measured by it to be eligible for lunker.
D. Only competitorís who have entered the lunker competition prior to the tournament will be eligible for the lunker prize.
14. Boats competing in a TCBA tournament may not pass within 25 yards of another competitorís anchored boat.
A. An anchored boat shall be any boat with electric trolling motor up and boat attached to a stationary object by a line, rope or chain etc.
15. No competitor shall violate another competitorís catch in anyway. Such action will result in automatic disqualification from the
16. Tie breaker - Tournament Director may break a tie by any of the methods below.
A. Combining two payback places and splitting winnings equally.†† †††††††††††††††† †††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††
B. Sudden death fish off.
1) Fish off will have a set time limit.
2) Largest fish by weight at the end of fish off will win the tie.
3) Each angler will be paired with an observer for fish off time period.
17. All boats are required to return to the weigh-in site by the official check-in time.
A. Late boat owner and rider will be penalized at a rate of one (1) pound per 5 minutes late.
B. Any boat owner and rider returning to the weigh-in site 15 minutes after the official check-in time will have their total weights disqualified for that tournament.
C. Breakdowns and boaters towing/helping are not penalized. You may send your catch to be weighed if towing or repairs will take too long.
D. If †leaving a tournament early, notify the Tournament Director or another person to report at the weigh-in.
18. Tournament Standings will be done on a 100 point basis. (example 1st place = 100 points,
††††† †††2nd place = 99 points, 3rd place = 98 points). 25 points will be awarded to anyone not catching
††††††††††††† A. Of the 10 regular scheduled tournaments, only the top 8 finishes will be counted† towards "Angler of† the Year".
19.† Qualifying for the ďClassicĒ is done by fishing 50% of all regular tournaments and/or 100% of †PA tournaments. Also, any angler †††††††††††††††††††††
†††††††† that wins a regularly scheduled tournament† or wins the previous years "Classic" will automatically qualify.††
20.† The Tournament Committee is responsible for seeing that all tournament rules are abided by the competing members.†††††††††††
A. The Tournament Director will make a final decision on all tournament problems.
†21. Cancellation of a tournament.
A. After arriving at the chosen boat launch for a scheduled tournament, the Tournament†
††††† †Director and all officers present may take a vote to cancel the tournament due to bad
††† †††weather and unsafe water conditions.
†22. Anti-littering attitude will be observed at all times.